Thursday, November 17, 2011

Not So Vintage, Vintage - Pt 1

Vintage Fair Shopping

This cute top/dress from DCNY comes with capri leggings, but I much prefer pants, personally. The pants I used are Izzie’s tweed pants in black. Shoes are from HOC Industries. All three items are available at the Vintage Fair or their respective mainstores.

Vintage Fair Shopping

This set is from Orquidea but they are separate purchases. Pretty sure I’m allergic to the color pink, but I was this close *holds up thumb and finger measurement* to getting the pink set. The top does come with a “rolled” bottom hem on the shirt but I opted out of using it. Shoes are another set from HOC Industries. Both available at the Vintage Fair or their mainstores.

Vintage Fair Shopping

And last pic for tonight includes this really cute top from Sassy. I paired it with a skirt I found at Art Decade. Sassy’s Poet Shirt can be found at the Fair or their mainstore.

I also want to note that these pics were all taken in a gorgeous skybox available from look.sharp. It’s on sale (for $40L!) at the FTLO Black Market which opened on the 7th but I don’t know how long these run.

Despite fighting lag or massive crowds, what’s the best thing about fairs in SL? Easy! I find/rediscover some love for stores I’ve either never heard of or I haven’t shopped at/kept up with for a variety of possible reasons. I tend to brave through most fairs, but not all as some simply aren’t my thing. Vintage isn’t really my thing, either. As much as I love ancient history/medieval, retro is totally different and really not my style unless we’re talking boho/neutral hippie like, that’s a different conversation. Anyway.. I went, I saw, I lagged, I crashed.. and I shopped like crazy. For not caring much for vintage, even I’ll have at least two fair threads coming your way. Next round has some dresses from the fair, some boots and more info on the shoes I used tonight. I’m going to go sleep now!

Here's the Vintage Fair website, the slurls/map page is extremely helpful if you already know right where you want to go!

Links:
Skin: Belleza – Erika SK
Eyes: Izzie’s – Reflection Eyes
Hair: Fri.Day – Cassie
Eyeshadow: Natural Beauty – Makeup set 13
Skybox: look.sharp – Coastal Skybox for the FTLO Black Market
Poses: All from doll. (I don't think this shop is around any longer, sadly)
Pic 1-
Jewelry: NHA! – Kaysha
Top: DCNY – Off Shoulder Dress
Shoes: HOC Industries – Noir Stilettos
Pants: Izzie’s – Tweed Pants
Pic 2 –
Shoes: HOC Industries – Platform Pumps
Jeans: ORQUIDEA – Vintage Jeans Brown
Top: ORQUIEDA – Vintage Top Brown
Pic 3 –
Jewelry: Kouse’s Sanctum – Lilly
Shoes: HOC Industries – Noir Stilettos
Skirt: Art Deco – Wanderer Skirt
Top: Sassy! – Poet Shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment